Saturday, September 23, 2017

Japanese Pop Up Box Card by Wendy

Konnichiwa Everyone!!!

This month I have created one card and when you see what I attempted you will know why.  

A couple years ago I went on my first snowboarding trip to Japan, now this country was never on my travel bucket list but I fell in love with the place!  From the people to the food, the scenery and of course the snow (that's why it's known as Japow!!!) oh and did I mention the food!! Anyway we have been a couple times now and planning anther longer trip when my little man is old enough to appreciate the culture and history of the place.

So it goes without saying that Graphic 45 - Bird Song collection is one of my all time favourite paper ranges and I had always wanted to do a "special card" with this paper - why not a pop up box card!  

I will warn you that these types of cards are for very very special people in your lives - due to the time it takes to create them.

I hope you enjoy my latest creation as much as I enjoyed making it!


This card is a journey of discovery lifting up each panel and seeing what is underneath is part of the fun!


There is a little envelope on the front you can pop a little message in!



Do you know where I can get a mini fan from?  No me neither so just made my own.


To colour the chipboard I just wanted a thick coating but I really didn't want to use embossing powder so I used the gold pigment ink and heat set.


I also didn't have any gold tassel's around so decided to make my own!


For the chipboard flourish I have inked with archival black and stamped some cursive writing over the top with a gold pigment ink and heat set.


This card actually lies flat so you could post it to that someone special!




I hope that these pictures have inspired you to tackle a more challenging card / project this month.

(Apologies for the shadows - had to take another round of photos as I wasn't quite happy with that front panel when I got home this afternoon so pulled it apart and only just finished it at 10pm.)

Have a great weekend everyone - Sayonara!!!


Chipboard Used









1 comment: