Sunday, July 23, 2017

Cards by Wendy

Hi Everyone


Hope you all had a great weekend and managed to make some time to play with paper.  I have been chomping at the bit to share with you my first ever design team creations.  I wanted to keep things really simple for my first batch of cards and chipboard (or at least that was my plan) but as you can see the cards got a bit out of hand.  Anyway sometimes we can get a bit overwhelmed about what chipboard to use and where to use it so for these cards I focused on just using cogs on each card as the main theme as well as using the same cardstock (kraft resist). 


The first card is "Adore"


So I have taken inspiration from some steampunk jewellery I saw recently to create the centre of the cards and in the following up close photos you can see I have used "clear rock candy" crackle medium for the larger cog and for the other cogs I have embossed with colour blast embossing powder in "snow white" but not all over the cogs just in spots and then over the top applied colour blast mica powder in "peacock". The word "adore" has been give a very light coating of clear gesso and again used the mica powder for the top and the bottom of the word has been inked in white and a coat of embossing powder in snow white, same with the piece in the corner.







The second card is "Butterfly"


My idea for this one started with making a "cog" flower and I have again used embossing powder in "leather" but not over the whole cog then come in over the spaces and used the new "colour shimmer cubes" again by colour blast to achieve a rust look, the leaves have also been done using the shimmer cubes (tangareen dream).  Lots of distress inking to get the background just right.




Next Up is "Mr Mustache" 


A little bit quirky for the man in your life!!! Some of you know my hubby has a beard like all the time so he was my inspiration for this one and then a couple of days ago he decided to shave it off!!!!!! Anyway the cogs in this card have been just inked with distress ink and then I have woven jewellery wire around them, really simple. I even got out my copics to colour in the mustache.  




Last card "Inspire"



This is my favourite and not for reasons you are probably thinking.  I do like the colours etc but this was the hardest one to complete and almost got tossed which is why I like it the most.  I did originally have the cogs embossed gold but it just wasn't working.  Then I started to panic as this was my last set of cogs!!!! I had to make it work.  So I embossed over the top with colour blast "leather" ensuring to leave a hint of gold here and there.  Straight away in the picture I can see that the cream crochet ribbon really stands out however the "mica flakes" in the corner are made up of gold, bronze and cream colours so everything coordinates.



So there they are, my first batch of cards for Imaginarium Designs I really hope I have inspired you to get your chipboard on!!!

Keep Creating!
Wendy



P.S. Leave a comment if you have any questions or happy to take suggestions for the types of cards you would like to see me create.

Imaginarium Chipboard Used






2 comments:

  1. Your cards are fantastic Wendy!! I like how you've explained how you achieved each chipboard treatment too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards - congratulations on your first DT project

    ReplyDelete